I don't want you to ever have to walk into a major retail store and spend twice as much money as you should be spending for an inferior product. In fact, I don't want you to ever buy anything in a retail store again.
- Make sure you are spending the right amount of money for what you want the item to do. I don't want you to buy that 42" 1080p plasma when you are going to sit 20 feet away from the screen. 720p from that distance will look exactly the same and cost half the price.
- I don't want you to buy junk. There are a lot of cheap electronic items out there that are just plain junk, but what most people do not know is that there are usually quality items for the same price.
- I want you to understand what you are buying. Do you really need that 10 mega pixel camera or would you be better served by a 5 mega pixel camera with much better image quality. I am going to tell you exactly why I recommend a certain item and what it can do for you.
- I want you to have the knowledge to know that your purchase was the best deal and the best quality item for the amount that you really wanted to spend so you never have any regrets buying an item.
What this blog is not:
- I am not going to do my own personal reviews except on things I buy for myself. There are already 1000 review sites on the Internet run by people much more qualified than I am. What I am going to do is boil down all the reviews that I read and all the specialized message boards so that you have easy access to the best information.
- I will not be discussing ultra high end items. I have no interest in them. The fun for me is finding the best quality item at the best price This blog is for the average guy and will focus on items costing $3000 or less. If you can afford an electronic item costing over ten grand then hire a specialist to help you. This blog is not for you.
- I am not going to discuss hard core tech mumbo jumb. If you must see the color space diagram before buying a TV this site is not for you.
So let the hunt begin!